Friday, December 28, 2007

Season's Greetings, and Happy Holidays!

Ok, so who am I, one of those people who won't say those two dreaded words? You know, the ones that stores like K-mart and Sears tried to restrict their employees from saying. You know that "phrase" that starts with "Merry" and who's last syllable is "mas." That terrible phrase that may try to remind us that there may be a "higher being!" Is that why I am trying to suggest by my post title? Was my blogging drought due to the fact that I didn't want to defend my omission of those dangerous words?!

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

At this point, just to prove my innocence I would like to personally wish each and every one of my readers a belated Merry Christmas. My blogging drought was more perhaps because I was to busy celebrating my Saviors birth in carol and song (and oh yes, don't forget the cookies) to find the time to inform you of the approaching celebration! Now I probably have you wondering why I even have such ominous phrases in my title! Well, to tell you the truth, I have absolutely no problem with "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays," so long as their use isn't required at Christmas. They are a wonderful New Years or winter greetings! (Or for that matter, they are just great for the 4th of July too!) If there wasn't the whole blowup about "CHRISTmas" I wouldn't mind even an occasional greeting of such over this time of year. It is only when secularists try to use them to remove Christ from CHRISTmas, that I take offense.

So to all of you, I would like to wish once again, Merry Christmas, and have a blessed Winter Season, and wonderful Christmas and New Year's holidays!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: