Monday, February 14, 2005

Gun Safety

I am a hunter, and a strong 2nd Amendment Rights supporter, but it irks me when others practice unsafe handling of guns. I really do not appreciate any gun, loaded or unloaded, BB gun, 12 gauge, 44 mag, or 7mm, being pointed at me, or being shot at a steel post. I think we just need more common sense, to realize that when you shoot at a solid metal object, you do not know where your bullet will end up! I also do not appreciate those that shoot over roads, for two reasons: 1. It is illegal. That in itself is reason enough! 2. You may not notice a car coming up, and may badly damage it, not to mention harming the occupants! I am glad that we have the right to bear arms, but can we use them in an appropriate manner so we do not loose that right? Please do, for the sake of us hunters, and for the sake of the safety of your fellow citizens!

No comments: